I have no talent to learn languages! OR DO I HAVE IT? Reflections on learning foreign languages

 

I have no talent to learn languages! OR DO I HAVE IT? Reflections on learning foreign languages



"I have no talent to learn languages” is probably the most harmful thing you can say to yourself.

Because everyone has language abilities, honestly.

If you don’t know a language, for example, or something cannot be acquired right away, then it does not mean that you are stupid/incapable/lazy. The thing is that you have never learned it 🤷‍♀️

This year I started skiing for the first time, and for the first time, I started taking investment courses and buying securities on the stock exchange.

Yes, I think I'm stupid all the time, both of these activities are not easy for me, and I definitely will not achieve quick success.

But the point is not that I am stupid - the point is that I have never studied this before, so it is natural that it is not easy for me.

But that’s what growth is all about - new neural connections are formed when we struggle.

Therefore, if you can’t remember in any way that you need to put "-s" in the third person singular in the present simple, or you always forget to put the articles before the nouns, or you can’t use the words "astonished or recognized" in speech correctly, although you have seen them a hundred times in texts, this means that you are studying and progressing in your studies.

You'll get there, it just takes time!

************************************************************************

У мене немає таланту вивчати мови! АБО ВІН У МЕНЕ Є? Роздуми про вивчення іноземних мов

«У мене немає таланту вивчати мови» — це, мабуть, найшкідливіше, що ви можете сказати собі.

Тому що всі мають мовні здібності, чесно кажучи.

Якщо ти не знаєш мови, наприклад, або щось не вдається відразу опанувати, то це не означає, що ти дурний/невмілий/лінивий. Річ у тім, що ви цього ніколи не вивчали 🤷‍♀️

Цього року я вперше став на лижі, вперше почав ходити на інвестиційні курси та купувати цінні папери на біржі.

Так, я весь час вважаю себе дурним, обидва ці заняття даються мені непросто, і швидкого успіху я точно не досягну.

Але справа не в тому, що я дурний, а в тому, що я ніколи цього не вчив, тому природно, що мені це нелегко.

Але саме в цьому й полягає зростання – нові нейронні зв’язки формуються, коли ми боремося.

Тому, якщо ви ніяк не пам’ятаєте, що потрібно ставити «-s» у третій особі однини в простому теперішньому часі, або ви постійно забуваєте ставити артиклі перед іменниками, або ви не можете використовувати слова "astonished or recognized" у мові правильно, хоча ви бачили їх сто разів у текстах, це означає, що ви навчаєтесь і прогресуєте в навчанні.

Ви досягнете цього, просто потрібен час!